Monday 28 December 2020

Genealogy New Year Resolutions


2020...moving swiftly on, let's focus on the year ahead and the possibilities it offers on the family history front.  Aside from wanting to travel to ancestral areas, or return to researching in physical archives, what do I hope to achieve?

Here are a few of my genealogy goals in the coming year.  In 2021, I resolve to

☙  Improve my research skills by reading more widely on family history techniques and different record types
☙  Check my DNA matches regularly and reach out to close cousins
☙  Make more progress on identifying my mystery Irish great-great grandfather (2020 was quite a good year for getting some ideas on that)
☙  Learn from other genealogists on Twitter's #AncestryHour (Tuesdays, 7pm UK time, from 12 January)
☙  Put my Legacy Webinar subscription to better use

Other goals to consider are, for example, making plans to identify the birthplace or parents of a specific ancestor.  Or you may be thinking of taking an online course - I previously posted about a free online learning provider that has some excellent courses for genealogists.  And something as simple as writing to an older relative to find out what they know about the family's history could be another worthwhile item on your to-do list.  The possibilities are endless!

So, what do you think?  What will your family history resolutions for 2021 be?

1 comment:

  1. I love Legacy Family Tree Webinars! So many topics, so little time.

    ReplyDelete